The smartphone market is emerging rapidly leading to increased user adoption and a surge in daily screen time. According to a study, individuals check their mobiles nearly 58 times every day. Out of this number, approximately 52% of phone checks happen during work hours. This increased mobile usage is providing incredible opportunities for businesses to reach their customers and stay in touch with their employees through their mobiles.
Mobile applications have seen significant growth over the last decade. Apart from improving customer experience, businesses are leveraging the power of mobile apps to make their operations more efficient and convenient. From workplace safety apps to notify employees about accidents or emergencies at work to apps for conducting the performance appraisal process, so much is possible with smartphones these days.
Benefits of Mobile Applications to Businesses
Businesses need to improve their performance constantly to keep up with changing customer expectations and the latest industry trends. Mobile apps enable them to achieve these goals through increased personalization and automation.
Let us see how mobile apps are revolutionizing the business world.
1. Improved Customer Engagement
Businesses need to put in consistent effort to win new customers and retain existing ones. Mobile apps play a huge role in keeping customers engaged by offering two-way communication so both the brand and customers can stay in touch with each other.
Mobile applications provide businesses the opportunity to engage with their customers in real time by tracking their location and profile information. Using this information, they create customized strategies to engage potential customers and convert them into revenue generators.
However, customers nowadays are looking for much more than rewards and discounts only. They want to feel connected to the brand. Brands send personalized in-app notifications, customized offers, and regular updates, which help in strengthening customer relationships and increasing ROI.
2. Enhanced Customer Experience
The faster and more accessible the business is, the more likely leads will convert to customers. Unlike websites and other marketing channels, mobile apps tend to be much more convenient and reliable.
Mobile apps benefit both the brand and the customer in the following ways:
- Customers do not need to enter their information repeatedly. Once they log in, all their previously entered data is already available. Businesses can also access this information to serve customers better and faster.
- By introducing an easy-to-use help center or chatbot within the mobile app, businesses help customers find answers to their queries immediately.
- A mobile app reduces the pressure on call center agents by enabling customers to contact chatbots in their mobile apps.
- The data collected from apps helps brands track potential issues before they occur and find solutions to them before the customer encounters them.
3. Personalized Marketing
The marketing department benefits greatly from mobile apps by collecting customer feedback directly. They use this information to tailor their marketing campaigns and make them more personalized. Regardless of what a brand’s marketing goals are, going mobile enables them to provide attractive offers to customers to persuade them to make a purchase.
App user data allows brands to deliver relevant content much more effectively than other marketing channels. Calls to action and ads also have a higher click-through rate in mobile apps. Brands send push notifications through apps to notify customers about new products remind them of incomplete checkout processes and wish them on their birthdays and other special occasions.
Moreover, location-based services enable brands to reach out to customers in real time through mobile apps. When customers enter the shopping mall, they receive a push notification informing them about an ongoing sale or discount at the store. This direct communication, at the right time, serves as a win-win for both the brand as well as the customers. Customers get the information at the right time and businesses get a higher conversion rate.
4. Increased Customer Loyalty
A successful business relies on its loyal customer base, which is possible by providing superior value to customers. Offering loyalty programs through mobile applications is a great way to compel them to purchase again from the brand. Through mobile apps, businesses do the following:
- Provide instant rewards: Brands offer a reward system that provides customers with some points depending on the amount of their purchase. Customers can redeem these points on their next purchase.
- Offer personalized product recommendations: Businesses track the browsing patterns of customers to recommend relevant products and services at the right time so customers can keep coming back.
- Encourage social sharing: Businesses encourage customers to share their experience with the brand on their social media to improve brand awareness.